Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Tidits: Guybrarians are real! Facebook friend your favorite Asian dictator!

This is a twofer tidbits day, with a bonus third! 
  • I double dog dare you to Facebook friend Kim Jong-il's grandson.  He has bleached blond hair!  And a his favorite movie is Love Actually!  Everyone knows that Facebook friends is real friends.  Not a chance you'll wind up on a watch list or anything...

  • Are you sitting down? Yes?  If not, do it.  Right now.  I'm waiting.  Okay, I have to tell you something.  You ready?  Okay.  Phew.  Okay.  THERE ARE MALE LIBRARIANS.  I'm so glad I have that off my chest.  Don't we all feel better now?  Sorry I shouted.  Some Guybrarians got together and, well, gave a gift to the world.  As they say:
    We know what people think: Dewey, glasses, shushing, books, hairbuns, Party Girl and card catalogs.  Yes, we know what people think.  We know that the American, library profession is approximately 80% White and 72% female; and we know that tens of thousands of librarians are expected to reach age 65 in the next 5 years.  We also know that this is not us.
    Logically, the solution that follows was for them to release a calendar.  Logically, I was always going to be behind this decision.  Well played, Guybrarians.  I noticed a little headline on EW when reading Fiddy's book exerpt earlier, but figured it was probably a good idea to wait until home.  It was the logical choice, you see.  Especially because...hot snap, Mister January!  I hope that is not a library book!  Someone is totally getting this for Christmas.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...