Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Greatness, thy name is Amazon Wireless Beta

I am still waiting for the other shoe to drop, to find out I've actually gone and married a Nigerian prince after a night of drinking in Vegas.   But I'm feeling pretty good about mentioning this, because seriously you guys.  Amazon Wireless Beta?  Possibly the greatest thing EVER (unless you say, have Verizon Wireless and want an iPhone.  Then it sucks to be you.).

I've been needing a new cell phone for nigh on a while now.  My old LG enV has survived a full dip into a water font (of sorts...okay, fine, the toilet) and has worked for three years, the last of which it has had a fully cracked front screen.  The power cord has to basically be folded in half for it to charge and the phone has taken to turning itself off with great passion when there is a temperature change.

I came to terms with needing a new cell phone, I just wanted to get an upgrade to a smartypants phone.  After much hemming and hawing and chatting with less than amused sales dudes, I settled on the Droid 2 Global.  Verizon wanted to charge me $150.  That would be WITH my $50 upgrade credit (the program expires in June, get on  it stat!).  But I accidentally stumbled across it on Amazon, and seriously.  Seriously guys.  Not only is it a collaborative thing with Verizon (as in I still get my bill from them, I'm just buying the phone from Amazon), it is a truly magical thing.

They are charging me $20.

Twenty bones! It will be here in two days!

There are some conditions, like having to keep the phone for 181 days.  I think I can handle that, after having had my junker for three years.  If you at all belong to Verizon Wireless, Sprint, AT&T, or T Mobile, do yourself a favor and check there.   

But if you wind up with a Nigerian Prince, know I just wanted the company. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...