Saturday, November 26, 2011

Tidbits: A telenovela Hosts the first daughters good taste in books!

  • Well the jigs up, Obama family family and friends.  Now you know what ole'Barry is getting you for Christmas.  Good work, press!  But in all seriousness, I like a First Family that reads.  Well played on picking up The Invention of Hugo Cabret, Malia!  (Incidentally, I can't wait to see the movie.)
  • You know how Stephenie Meyer wrote a book that wasn't about vampires?  No?  That's okay.  You're in good company.  In fact, I actually liked it considerably more than another of her books that came out at the same time.  And now, said book, The Host, is going to be a movie!  Starring Saoirse Ronan, who frankly, is a truly fantastic young actress.  Which leads me to hope for good things...like that the Irons kid will have improved his acting skillz since the shenanigans of Red Riding Hood. 
  • But lo, what have we here?  A telenovela based on an American chick flick, originally starring Jenny from the block as a hard up maid, and Voldemort as the New York apple of her eye?  You guys, perhaps you didn't know this about me, but I have an abuela.  And does she love her some telenovelas?  Es el papa catolico?  Guys.  There is no way I'm not going to watch at least one episode of this.  Bring it, Una Maid en Manhattan!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...