Monday, December 5, 2011

Tidbits: Sweeeeet Valley, kids learn to read good, someone gets lotioned up, a cookbook with rave reviews


  • In really excellent news, there may one day be a Sweet Valley High movie with Diablo Cody doing the writing (or something).  What is there not to love about her promises to make it "glamorous and colorful and bubblegum and a feast for the senses"?  Me and my middle school self are down.  Especially if Armie Hammer plays Elizabeth and Jessica; he does blonde twins so well.  And now all I can't get the tv series theme song out of my head...Sweeeeeet Vallllley, Sweeet Valley, Swweeeeet VALLEY HIGH.  Good luck getting this out of your head!
  • Via the New York Times, this is a rather interesting article about how many parents of young children are eschewing e-Books in favor of print books for their children.  Frankly, as a former children's librarian, I can't agree with them more; learning to read should be a physical, tactile experience.   Interestingly, this great interview with a Candlewick publisher about the future of children's publishing came out this week too.  Read them together, have a ponder.
  • Need a laugh?  I dare you to keep a straight face while watching this Time piece on romance novel covers.  Particularly when the makeup artist describes getting the male model ready ("I had to wet him down, I had to lotion him, so there's a little bit of shine..."). Have I mentioned that I'm twelve?

You keep it classy, ladykiller.

    No comments:

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...