Sunday, June 12, 2011

Tidbits: A dad after my heart, NKOTBSB shirtless in the rain, baring it almost-all at Oxford and more

  • Wave At The Bus: The name of this blog more or less stays it all. (I'm starting you at the very beginning of the project). This stay-at-home dad in Utah is straight up taking a page from/becoming an inspiration for the ways I will choose to torment my future children.  The key ingredient, of course, being embarrassment.  My personal favorite is probably Kiss, but I dare you not to laugh at the Reno 911 or Patrick Swayze costumes. Popstar, this link is for you.  This link is courtesy of Ms. Julia Hawes, who knows me too well.
  • PSA of the year alert: Beaches, if you want to text at the Alamo Drafthouse in Austin, Texas, think again!  Again, I dare you not to laugh.  I am so glad we live in the Magnited States of America, where we can freely shame via YouTube.  China, get on board already!  Link and laugh courtesy of Coach Libby.  Balls!
  • And finally - library news!  Coeds banned for getting (half) neked at Oxford in the library!  Is it wrong that when I read this I immediately was all "Oooh, headline please be Buck Naked Bodies Bared in Bodleian!" I may love alliteration a little too much.  I however, don't get the Breakfast Club club name.  They do it at tea time!  Anyone?  Bueller? 
  • Lastly, because I am STILL excited about it, I went to NKOTBSB on Saturday night (yes, pets, be jealous), a concert which only got better (FACT) when the skies opened into epic rainstorm at Fenway Park.  Maybe you've heard of it?  I do believe it has never before seen so many ladies at one time.  Enjoy this choice soundbite from the Boston Globe's giddy coverage of it (as it should be!):
    Those women might be a bit older now, but their lungs showed no signs of aging...The tight choreography still rode a fine line between manly swagger and Bob Fosse musical, and the soaring vocals — particularly those of Joey McIntyre — were as well-preserved as his abdominal muscles.
    Joey McIntyre's ab situation is no joking matter, but this early NKOTB video is.  I'll have you know that I'm pretty sure the big man upstairs started the rainstorm as a safety cooling measure when Donnie Wahlberg ripped his shirt in half, off his body, and tossed it to the audience. Yowzah! To rub salt in your jealous wounds, we totally somehow scored a teenaged-dream come true when some promoter found us and offered us seat upgrades to the front row (of the Grandstands).  OH SNAP. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...